Dr. Denk’s Update To Coronavirus
Updated April 27th, 2020
We will start performing elective surgeries May 1, 2020 with the following requirements:
- Due to mask availability limitations, patients should arrive with any mask that follows CDC ‘in public’ protocols including but not limited to a medical mask, a doctor’s mask, cloth mask, scarf, or other CDC recommended face covering.
- Each patient will complete a questionnaire over the phone prior to entering the building, or immediately upon their arrival to the facility.
- Their temperature will be taken, if greater than 99.5 and any other symptoms, the patient will not receive their injection treatment.
- Consultations will also complete the questionnaire and should arrive wearing a mask as described above.
- Injections patients from May 4th to May 15th, (and possibly longer), will only receive treatments outside the facial mask area.
- Additional injection services may expand after May 15th.
- All patients will be screened prior to starting surgery.
- If the patient has a temperature of 99.5 or higher and any other symptoms, they may not be seen.
- Due to other limitations, surgeries each week may be limited.
- Each patient having surgery must have a COVID-19 test that returns negative before the surgery can be performed.
- Tests are done two to three days prior.
- The patient must self-quarantine from the time they complete the test until they arrive for surgery.
- Upon arrival to the facility, patients may call 757-330-6744 and ask what time they should enter the building for their appointment.
- If patients enter the building, as recommended by the CDC, please stay at least six feet from other people and wear a mask as described above.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation during this difficult time.
Updated March 30th, 2020
We remain open for essential medical procedures. We are also conducting fully secured virtual consultations. If you arrive at the facility, the front door may be locked. If so, please call the office at 757-491-3535 for service from 830 am to 5PM. Please note that due to the Governor’s Shelter In Place Order, our office visits are by essential medical appointments only.
Updated March 18th, 2020
To our patients, While all health and safety standards and procedures are followed on a daily basis at both of our Associates In Plastic Surgery locations, we want to make you aware of the extra precautions we’re taking during this time of heightened concern about Coronavirus (COVID-19). We plan to proceed with normal business hours and therefore, maintaining your health is extremely important….for us and for you!
SO WE ASK THAT YOU
- Check-in at the front desk. At this time if you have any flu symptoms please let us know, we will provide a mask.
- We may take your temperature to verify your core body temp is not 100.4 degrees or higher. If you have a fever or are sick, we will assist you with rescheduling your appointment.
- If you are an immediate post-op patient and you have a fever and are sick we will help facilitate and arrange your appointment.
- If you have been exposed to the Coronavirus, H1N1 or H1H2 Flu please stay home and self-quarantine per the CDC guidelines.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled outside the country within the last 2 weeks.
- Please come alone to your appointment unless you are less than 18 years of age then you must bring a parent or guardian. If you will be medicated for a procedure you may have one driver/escort.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- Closely monitoring daily updates and recommendations from the CDC.
- Our team has increased deep cleans and is disinfecting all surfaces in the treatment rooms and common areas (tables, door handles, counters, railings).
- Facemasks are being worn by all providers as needed.
- Gloves are being worn by staff as needed.
- In addition to daily cleaning, we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting all common areas of the building.
- Employees have also been instructed not to come to work if they experience fever or any Coronavirus or Flu like symptoms.
- We are also spacing out patients in the waiting areas and ask that you practice patient distancing of 6 feet or more from each other.
Your health and safety are important to us. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, such as staying home when sick, following proper respiratory cough etiquette, avoiding close contact with people who care for the sick and avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. If you are feeling sick or have been exposed to the Coronavirus/Flu, we ask that you reschedule.
WE RECOMMEND EVERYONE STAY INFORMED ON COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) –https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- World Health Organization https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/inde
We look forward to your visit and thank you for trusting us to care for you.
We are approaching this time with Recommended Guidance not Fear!
Please stay safe and practice healthy choices, Thank you for your cooperation
Dr. Denk: Associates In Plastic Surgery Inc.