After receiving a degree from Hamilton College in 1982, Dr. Denk attended the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine, where he graduated in 1986. He remained in Buffalo and completed a five-year General Surgery Residency, where he served as Chief Resident at the State University New York at Buffalo School of Medicine in 1991. During this time, Dr. Denk received the Excellence in Teaching Award from the School of Medicine in 1990. After moving to Virginia, he completed a three-year residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Eastern Virginia Medical School in 1994. Dr. Denk finalized his outstanding surgical training with a Microsurgery Fellowship at the Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery at New York University in 1995.
Experience & Certifications
Dr. Denk diligently stays current with the latest procedures and techniques in Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery through the board recertification process and attending multiple conferences throughout the country. By keeping up to date with his education, he can provide quality and effective results for all of his patients. In addition to serving as an Assistant Clinical Professor at Eastern Virginia Medical School since 2001, Dr. Denk has volunteered for Operation Smile missions to China(2), Israel(2), Vietnam(2), and Morocco.
While serving in a private practice in Buffalo, New York, Dr. Denk gained Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in 1997. Then, he moved with his wife and family to Virginia Beach in 2000 to enjoy the warmer climate and join the practice of his previous mentors. Dr. Denk is a member of American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, the Medical College of Virginia, and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
- Undergraduate Degree – Hamilton College (1982)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) – State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine (1986)
- 5-Year General Residency – State University New York at Buffalo School of Medicine (Ended as Chief Resident)
- 3-Year Plastic Surgery Residency – Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Microsurgery Fellowship – Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery at New York University (1995)
- Board-Certified – America Board of Plastic Surgery (1997 – Present)
- Member – American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member – American College of Surgeons
- Member – Medical College of Virginia
- Member – American College of Surgeons
- Member – American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Excellence in Teaching Award – School of Medicine (1990)
- Chosen “Best Cosmetic Surgeon” – Virginia Living Magazine (2012)
- “Top Doc” – Coastal Virginia Magazine (2015-present)
19 Years Practicing In The Hampton Roads Area
Awards & Media
Dr. Denk was chosen as “Best Cosmetic Surgeon” by Virginia Living Magazine in 2012. He also has been listed as a “TOP DOC” in Coastal Virginia Magazine in the past two years.
With experience throughout all areas of Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery, Dr. Denk currently focuses his practice on Breast Surgery, Liposuction, Fat Grafting, and Facial Cosmetic Surgery.
Discover Dr. Denk’s expertise and warm personality when you schedule your consultation by calling 757-769-8229. Also, view “before and after” photos of the many procedures Dr. Denk offers. VIEW MY GALLERY.
Dr. Denk helped radio personalities Woo Woo and Natalia obtain their best version of themselves through breast augmentation procedures. See the videos & audio in the links to the right.
Dr. Denk had the pleasure of helping the first patient in Virginia undergo an innovative form of breast reconstruction after battling breast cancer. The Aeroform treatment is shown to reduce the recovery time and improve comfort. See the video on the right.
Dr. Denk has also helped Z104 radio host Joe Fu with a recent cosmetic procedure. Joe had made some large lifestyle changes and lost a lot of extra weight, but still struggled with excess skin and a larger belly. After consulting with Dr. Denk, Joe decided to proceed with a cosmetic procedure to help with those problems. Joe had his surgery on September 6th, and the results have been life-changing! Learn more about Joe’s transformation with Dr. Denk here!
What Dr. Denk’s Patients Are Saying
Submit your review